Followers

Help me peeps! ^_^

Friday, January 7, 2011

EP02

Modern love letter (Amusing letter)

I think most of you have read this letter of love and I personally think that this is the best letter I have read, ever, in my entire life. It is very simple yet funny if you really understand it and it is going to be something 'intrigue' if you let it simmer and marinate in your brain. Why do you need to let it simmer and marinate in your brain? well just in case if you want to try some new style of writing love letter to your lover..This might be the best first starts for it. Thanks to my ex-mentor (he gave this letter for 40 of us)...I wouldn't want to mention his name here, he's too famous and he doesn't need to much attention here. ok..back to our topic...here is the letter...

Dear Samantha,
I am very happy to inform you that I have fallen in love with you since Sunday, the 17th of August 2008.

With reference to the meeting held between us on the 17th of August 2008 at 1500 hours, I would like to present myself as a prospective lover. Our love affair would be on probation for a period of no less than three months and depending on compatibility,would be permanent.

Of course, upon completion of probation, there will be continuous relationship training and relationship appraisal schemes leading up to promotion from lover to spouse. The expenses incurred for coffee and entertainment would initially be shared equally between us. Later, based on your performance, I might take up a larger share of the expenses. However I am broad-minded enough to be taken care of on your expense account.

I request you to kindly respond within 30 days of receiving this letter, failing which, this offer would be cancelled without further notice and I shall consider someone else. I would be happy, if you could forward this letter to your sister, if you do no wish to take up this offer.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Yours sincerely,

Max


MODERN REPLY TO A MODERN LETTER

Dear Max,

Please refer to your letter dated today. I am pleased to inform you that I hope to accept your proposal for romance.

However,you should be informed that there are certain conditions of acceptance. Promotional prospects should be to my satisfaction. In addition, please enlighten me as to your retirement benefits. Gratuity should be generous. 

I also need to be assured that there is sufficient security with regards to this commitment. If there is any chance at all of retrenchment or consequent disinterest on your part, then I should receive monetary compensation according to union standards.

Due to the nature of my position, I am sure you will agree that an expense account should be arranged for my access in light of the 'VIP' I shall be entertaining. In addition, housing and transport allowances should be in order and nothing less than a jaguar is acceptable. 

Please also note that there should be no moonlighting restrictions placed on me. If you are still interested in the relationship,please reply as soon as possible as other prospective lovers have indicated interest.

Please also note that my sister is happily employed.

Yours perhaps,

Samantha  



WHAT MAKES THE AMUSING??   

These two letters are written with regards to the modern world of today. We can still find love letters like what people used to write with all the jargons love, darling, honey and etc though...I would not doubt that, but now, the world has changed, to keep pace with the advancement of time and technology, people have changed their style of writing. It is indeed very modern, very contemporary, but I just don't feel too right about it. This is the example of the old love letter...

SONNET 18


Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;...........


If I were to compare the semantics used in the writing (sonnet 18) and (the modern love letter) sonnet 18 is written with passion and appreciation..whilst modern love letter is written so formal that it tends to turn out to some business matter. So which one would you prefer? As for me, I would like to try Modern love letter. You know how money-oriented people's mind work..lol...I am excessively concerned with material possessions and I do hope that someday, somebody rich will approach me and I don't have work hard to make money. This is my new year's resolution alright. If you want to comment that i don't know what and how to write, please go on, I am still learning,,,



No comments:

Post a Comment

kiss here?