Followers

Help me peeps! ^_^

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3
MIXED UP
He was still good. Still capable of giving me contentment. But business was still going to be business. We had our dinner a bit late that evening. About 10pm. It was supposed to be time for my usual supper. I didn’t mind it, he was with me. Our dinner was light, I didn’t dare to take up heavy dinner, I was warned that my cholesterol reading wasn’t so good nowadays. I guessed I was pretty young to be fallen with diseases. I started working. Asking him inside and out regarding the case. I treated him as a real client. Deep inside, I was mesmerized, captivated by his ‘man’ scent. His pheromone was too powerful, it was inevitable. My eyes darted to his hands, throat and other body coordination’s. I was taught to detect deceivers from the way they behave. He behaved normally. Normal enough for me.
“She died three days ago?” I didn’t give too much interest on this case. I hated her. I had to thank to whoever had killed her. I grinned to myself. Giving a fake smile and Alexs reacted towards it.
“Why were you smiling? She had died and they accused me for killing her.” He started to backing himself up.
“I know, you don’t have to tell me that, I’m all aware. Where were you when she was killed? You don’t have concrete alibi to defence yourself”.
“I wasn’t in the town; I was attending a meeting with executives from  Em-Kay Trading. We were there for three days. When I got here, I came to know that she had died”. He answered me nonchalantly.
“I believe that, but we need evidences, or else, I couldn’t help you. I’m trying my level best to help you”. I coaxed him, to reveal other information about her, about himself, about anything.
“I didn’t kill her!” He was screaming vehemently. I just wanted to help but he wasn’t in the mood to listen. I was too pushy. I waited for him to calm himself down and started talking back.
“I know this ain’t going to be easy. But you gotta believe me, I couldn’t care less about her”. I was happy that she had died. “But you have to move on, I mean, you have to tell me what you know”. I knew this was going to be tough. I hated him at times like this, he was like some creature that wouldn’t be easy to handle when he got mad. I didn’t say anything wrong, I thought, so far. “Who cares? Anyway, if you feel like you don’t want to continue then that’s it! I’m leaving. At the moment he saw me leaving, his face turned very cold and icy. He knew he was wrong; a sudden force of remorse surrounded him. I walked slowly, knew that he was going to call me. “I don’t care; this is the only way he would learn. I’m the real bitch!” I muttered silently. Few steps before I reached my car, he called. This time it was different. There was something else, his heart was screeching out loud, but I couldn’t hear it. It’s a broken hearted man that needed to be treated. He was pathetic. I pitied him. I stopped and waited. Few seconds were gone; he reached for my hands and hugged me.
“What is wrong with you?” he took my hands and walked to the car, he didn’t answer. “I need you, I didn’t need her”. He whispered. Yeah you needed me; you had made the biggest mistake attached to her. I knew somehow you would regret it. God answered my prayers. Just like the movies, that’s how it should be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

kiss here?